Have you been injured because of an accident at work that wasn’t your fault in the last three years? If so, you may be entitled to claim compensation for injuries and associated losses. It is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible. Our personal injury solicitors have the expertise to advise you on your personal injury claim.
Employer’s duty of care
All employers have a legal duty of care to provide a safe working environment for employees and ensure the welfare and safety of their staff as well as any visitors to their premises. If you have suffered a work-related injury that wasn’t your fault, your employer may have neglected their responsibility to ensure safe working conditions. Injuries from accidents at work can range in severity and sadly sometimes cause fatalities.
What can I make a work accident claim for?
Even with safety measures and precautions, accidents at work can and do happen. There are many types of accidents at work which result in personal injury claims including;
- Defective and dangerous equipment or machinery
- Poorly maintained machinery
- Slips, trips and falls in the workplace such as wet surfaces and exposed cables
- Injury due to toxic substances
- Lack of training within the workplace, particularly using machines etc
- Industrial injuries
- Farm accidents
- Forklift accidents
- Construction accidents
What to do following an accident at work
- Get treated by the workplace first-aider immediately
- Consider visiting an A&E for your injuries
- Report your accident within the workplace and to your manager and follow accident reporting protocols within the organization
- Record your accident in the workplace accident book
- Take photographs and video evidence of the location of the accident and injuries suffered
- Visit your GP concerning the injury
- Keep a diary of all symptoms associated with your injuries
- Keep a record of losses incurred due to the accident as well as expenses
- Contact a personal injury solicitor regarding your personal injury claim
How much compensation will I receive?
Every personal injury case is different and the amount of compensation awarded will vary depending on the injury and circumstances surrounding it. What is important in personal injury cases is to seek legal advice as soon as possible.
Why choose RP Crawford & Co Solicitors?
We have an excellent track record of securing compensation claims for our clients. We ensure our clients receive the compensation they deserve to get their life back on track following an accident at work. To speak to our personal injury solicitors, please contact us on 028 9038 1024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.