Slips, trips and falls can happen almost anywhere and at any time. They can cause injuries that have serious, long lasting impact. RP Crawford & Co Solicitors are experienced at dealing with all types of slips, trip and fall claims.

If you have been injured in a slip, trip or fall that was not your fault, we advise on taking prompt legal advice by contacting us directly. We will then determine on whether you have grounds to proceed with a personal injury claim and assist you with receiving the compensation you are entitled to.

Whilst there are lots of different scenarios where accidents can happen, we look at the most common locations where accidents occur:


  • Trips and Falls on Uneven Pavements or in Potholes and Poorly Maintained Roads

This common scenario can result in painful, serious injuries and be hazardous for both pedestrians and cyclists. In such cases, we will establish who the owner is of the unmaintained grounds, whether that be a local council or privately owned land. This may include unsafe conditions such as inadequate lighting causing visibility problems seeing kerbing etc. Taking photographs at the scene where the trip or fall happened is also very helpful in pursing compensation for your injury.


  • Accidents in Shops and Supermarkets

Shop owners must ensure their premises are safe for visitors at all times. This includes removing hazards including boxes, pallets, obstacles or uneven flooring etc and ensuring spillages are cleaned promptly and appropriate caution signs placed quickly to warn customers of hazards. If you are unfortunate enough to suffer a slip or fall in a shop or supermarket, irrespective of the cause of the slip or fall, you may be entitled to compensation for the shop’s breach of duty. Shopkeepers have a legal duty to ensure the safety of their customers whilst on their premises, inclusive of car parks. It is also important to obtain photographs of the area where the accident occurred, request details of other shoppers who may have witnessed the accident and request a written accident report from a staff member before leaving the premises.


  • Slips, Trips and Falls in Work

Should you suffer a trip, slip or fall in the workplace, employers will have Public Liability Insurance which covers them should an accident happen on the premises.


Have you been involved in a slip, trip or fall in the last 3 years?

If you have been involved in a slip, trip or fall in the last 3 years, you may be entitled to claim compensation against the person, party or organisation responsible for maintaining the area that caused the accident. Our experienced personal injury solicitors can assist with processing the claim and recovering the maximum amount of compensation possible based on the circumstances surrounding your case.

Compensation may include loss of income if you are forced to stay away from work due to injuries and medical expenses incurred.

RP Crawford & Co Solicitors specialise in compensation for slips, trips and falls and can assist you with all aspects of your claim. If you believe your trip, slip or fall occurred due to someone else’s negligence, please contact us. You can call us on 028 9038 1024, email or complete our online confidential enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch with you.

For more information with regards to other types of claims we deal with, please visit